CilRelease – Release Agents
CIL has manufactured high-performance mould release agents for over 50 years.
CilRelease is used to Release the following materials from all types of moulds and dies during the moulding/casting process:
- Polyurethane Elastomers and Foams
- Epoxy Resins
- Friction Materials / Phenolic-resins
- Green Tyre carcasses
Release Agents for Polyurethane
CIL has a strong pedigree within the polyurethane elastomer industry, as a manufacturer of the Cilbond range of polyurethane to substrate bonding systems, and of course the CilRelease range of mould release agents.
- CilRelease 905 is a silicone concentrate (70% active), ideal for releasing polyurethane elastomers, integral skin and microcellular systems.
- CilRelease 910 is a silicone concentrate (20% active) and is formulated to release polyurethane elastomers, PVC and polyester resins, thermoplastics and melamine resin.
Both products can be diluted with solvent systems, and experience shows that the use of CilRelease 905 and 910 offers significant material savings compared to conventional low-solids release systems.
- CilRelease 1812E is our silicone aerosol product for hot and cold polyurethane elastomers and polyester casting systems.
Release Agents for Epoxy Resins
- CilRelease 1711E is a silicone based aerosol release agent and is the industry standard for the release of epoxy resin systems. CilRelease 1711E gives components a satin / dry finish, and can also be used to release polyurethane elastomers, integral skin foam systems and injection moulded plastics.
Release Agents for Friction Materials / Phenolic Resin Mouldings
The CilRelease range of products has a long and successful history in the Friction Industry and is used to release phenolic resin based mouldings such as brake pads, clutch facings and grinding wheels.
- CilRelease 392 and CilRelease 393 are effective on mould processing temperatures between 150ºC and 170ºC.
- CilRelease 394 is particularly effective on hotter moulds with a working temperature of up to 200ºC.
All 3 products have water-based formulations and can be diluted with up to 20 parts of distilled or deionized water for maximum productivity.
Lubricants for Tyre Building
- CilRelease 505 is a non-silicone product, designed specifically as a tyre building lubricant and was developed in conjunction with a major international tyre manufacturer.
CilRelease 505 is non-contaminating and so will not interfere with the adhesion of the bead wire or tread when the ‘green’ tyre carcass is on the building machine during assembly.
Safety Data Sheets are available for CilRelease Customers – Contact your CIL Distributor or email CIL directly for more information.